Make Your Own Guitar
Our good friends at Brisbane Guitar School provide you with the opportunity to make your own guitar and believe it or not, no previous skills are required.
Here is a little more information
Building your own guitar by hand is food for the soul – an incredibly rewarding experience. Regardless of woodworking or playing ability, you can make your own guitar from scratch in our purpose-built and fully equipped workshop.
- Affordable … pay-as-you-go
- No experience required … Expert guidance and small class size ensure you will get the attention you require
- Work at your own pace … enjoy the journey or move it along, the choice is yours
- Weekly classes – 4-hour, day and evening options
- Casual Classes – We also offer a limited number of casual places to cater to those that can’t attend a regular weekly class or who may have a special guitar building project requiring only a limited number of classes.
- 1:1 Video Lessons NEW We are now offering guitar makers the opportunity to get expert instruction/guidance via 1:1 video lessons. Wherever you live, if you are making a guitar in your home workshop and need some expert assistance this is for you. Use the Contact Us page to enquire.
The Select Series – an affordable option to get started in guitar building
Our Select Series guitars offer first-time builders an opportunity to make a guitar from scratch with certainty around the total cost and time commitment. We have four options available at this time. Click here to learn more about them.
What they’re saying
“I cannot recommend Andrew more highly as an amazing teacher and an incredible craftsman, the art of making a guitar is one that is both incredibly satisfying and increases ones skill level in the most enjoyable of settings. I have met some amazing people through the journey of building not one, but two guitars and you do not even have to play as I am a non player but have two amazing instruments for future generations to enjoy” Nicky P – Student Guitar Maker
“I’ve made 3 instruments with Andrew and am currently working on my 4th. Andrew is an outstanding teacher who really cares about the quality of your build and that your experience of the building process is great. You get so much more out of this than just a great guitar. If you are remotely interested in making a guitar (or ukulele) then get in touch with Andrew. You can’t go wrong”. Rod C – Student Guitar Maker
“Taking part in Andrew’s night class, I was able to build my dream acoustic! I’m extremely satisfied with the finished product, with Andrew’s skills, and attention to detail, pushing me to make the guitar I will enjoy for a lifetime!” Jono B – Student Guitar Maker
Here is a sample of some students and their work.
Evening Classes are held: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 10pm Daytime classes are held: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9:30am to 1:30pm