Clear, water-based wood grain filler 1 US Pint (475ml)
Easy-to-sand clear gel wood grain filler for filling the pores in woods (such as oaks, mahogany, ash, and hard-to-fill woods). It can be used on raw wood or after staining, sealers, or topcoats. For a finish as smooth as glass.
Ideal Customers For Clear Wood Grain Filler
- Cabinet refinishers
- Furniture makers
- Gunstock finishers
- Cabinet makers
- Piano restoration
- Antique restoration
- DIY woodworking hobbyists
Ideal for using as a wood grain filler on:
- Guitars and other wood instruments
Clear Wood Grain Filler Benefits
- Grain Filler dries in 30-45 minutes for a faster build
- Crystal clear when dry
- Easy sanding
- Low odor and low VOC
- Can be tinted with water-soluble colorants or dyes
- Can be thinned with water
- More OSHA-friendly than solvent-based
- Lower insurance premiums
- Minimal shrinkage
- Water clean-up
Clear Wood Grain Filler Directions For Use
Surface Preparation: The surface must be clean and dry (free from all dirt, oil, wax, and polish) before using the Clear Wood Grain Filler. Sand surface thoroughly. Remove all dust with a vacuum, forced air, or a damp cloth (water).
Directions For Use: Clear Wood Grain Filler should be applied after the piece is stained, and/or a seal coat has been applied.
- Stain and seal coat must be dry and lightly sanded with 220-grit or finer sandpaper.
- Grain Filler can be tinted with water-soluble colorants or dyes.
- If no stain or seal coat is used, you may apply Clear Grain Filler to the raw wood.
- Grain Filler may be applied with a soft cloth, using a circular motion, much like applying paste wax. Or work Grain Filler generously into open wood grain pores with a small squeegee or flexible putty knife.
- Inspect to see if the grain is completely filled, then scrape or squeegee to remove excess.
- Let dry 30-45 minutes, then lightly sand with 320 grit paper.
- If the grain is not completely filled, repeat the application process.
- 2-3 coats of Grain Filler are recommended.
- Allow overnight dry time and lightly sand before applying topcoats.